Holiday DIY: Orange Feather Ornaments


I’m definitely a theme girl. See my family room color scheme? Charcoal, black, gray, silver…with pops of orange. That same theme remains through Christmas, but finding ornaments in orange???? Not so simple. But this project? SOOO easy, SOOO quick, SOOO fabulous!
Since I have more time at hand right now because I recently had spinal disc replacement surgery, I’m looking ahead to the holidays and trying to get some things done before it's back work and stress. Of course, orange is much easier to find in October than December, so I’ve hit a few stores to improvise.

I found this orange feather boa at Five Below for $3.00. I also found a few of these rather large clear acrylic fill-able ornaments at the Dollar Tree. (I need to scour some other locations tomorrow to get more!)

Remove the ornament cap, cut a few feathers off the boa, place them inside the ornament, recap. Voila! You’re already done! And we’ll make good use of the rest of that boa….just wait and see how amazing it looks trimming the burlap stockings I’ll show you tomorrow.
Other ideas for creatively parcelling out these fun feathers?




No comments:

Post a Comment