Feather Wreath (DIY Holiday)

Hello, my sassy friends! Today was a crampy day - and that's not a typo. Since I couldn't even stand erect today (thanks, dysfunctional uterus!) I was more slothful than a sloth, and accomplished absolutely nothing. Luck for both of us that I've got a backlog of projects stacked up, just waiting for a chance to revel in the spotlight. How about we do this fluff-tastic orange feather wreath? This seriously took less than 5 minutes. 

If you saw my previous posts, I purchased an orange feather boa for $3 just before Halloween. Parts of this boa have contributed to these burlap stockings....
And also to these ornaments:

The remainder of that boa is now a cheerful wreath! Here's what you need to make your own version:

- Foam wreath form (I got mine for $1 at Dollar tree. Can't beat that!)
- Feather boa (your choice of colors. Dollar tree usually has these, too, in the kids toy aisle.) 
- Hot glue gun & glue stick
- Scissors
- Bow made of ribbon of your choice
- Small bit of floral wire to secure your bow (I used an ornament hook, as I had one handy at the time....whatever works!)

Directions: 
1.  Beginning from what will be the back of your wreath, start wrapping your wreath form with the feather boa, using hot glue to keep the boa securely attached. Use a bit extra at the very first bit of boa!
2. Once the wreath form is fully wrapped, trim excess boa, 
3.  If you notice any bare spots, glue in clippings from the leftover boa to cover wreath form completly. 
4. Attach your bow(s) with your wire. 

Voila! You have a fuzzy & fabulous feather wreath, and it probably cost you all of $2 or less. How sassy is that?!?! 

Mine is hanging happily in the window of my family room, giving my grey silk curtains a pop of colorful holiday cheer! 

 I can imagine a whole wall display of angelic white feather wreaths with metallic bows, or a cheerful mix of red and green! Or how about pretty pastels for a little girl's sugarplum fairy wonderland? I can't wait to see what ya'll come up with!!!

Stay sassy,
- Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment