The Grinch + Other Printable Art (DIY Holiday)


Happy Black Friday, friends! Hope you scored some hot deals if shopping's your thing. I skipped the stores this year and grabbed my bargains online yesterday. 

Today was my day for hyper-drive Christmas prep. Now I'm SOOO crazy tired tonight!!!! It was a decorating spree all the day long, that seriously just ended about 5 minutes ago. But my last project of the night just might be my favorite of the season....take a peek and let me know if you agree!

Isn't this pure fun?!? Both the Grinch movie poster art and the Grinch subway art quote are free art downloads from Pinterest. To access these and hundreds of other amazing holiday art, visit my Christmas Printables board at http://www.pinterest.com/anaallen/christmas-printables

For this display, I used an old oversized frame that's been collecting dust in the garage, and I wrapped it with yarn and twine. It's a really simple project, but it is time consuming. It took a few hours, but it was totally worth the time. It turned out perfectly! If you want to replicate this look, you'll need: 

Materials: 
- Two 8 x 10 Grinch printables
- 1 Large frame ( I'm guessing it's at least  12 x 16) 
- Red yarn & green twine 
- Glue gun
- Scissors
- Chevron gift wrap 
- Scotch tape

Directions: 
1. Remove glass and backing from frame. Set glass aside. 
2. Wrap front facing portion of backing in chevron wrapping paper. Attach your Grinch art to the front of the chevron covered backing, using scotch tape. 
3. Wrap (and wrap and wrap and wrap...) straight portions of frame in red yarn, using hot glue to secure yarn ends to the back of the framing. 
4. Wrap corners of frame in x-shape using green twine, and hot glue to secure twine to back of framing. 
5. If the back of your frame is now too thick to reattach the glass securely (mine was!), use small dots of hot glue in non-visible areas to reattach the art and the glass to the frame. Now hang it up and applaud your patience in wrapping that frame, and in your clever decorating skills!

And here's a quick peek at my annual real tree, which coordinates so well with my new Grinch art:

And here's a close up of the topper, which I changed this year.... I also switched from red lights to green LED lights this year. (My red lights cast a pink glow that was throwing off my whole vibe....I'm really pleased with the green, though!) And you can see the snowflake window display previously featured,  pushed back to frame the tree. 


I also took a few ornament close-ups so you can see some of the prints I used as ornaments on the tree this year:

The " Merry" gift tags make amazing ornaments. 

These chalkboard gift tags are my new fave this year. They look perfect on my tree! (You're also getting an inadvertent sneak peek of some other home-made ornaments that will be featured in future episodes of Sass-N-Crafts.)

I've got so much more to show you, but no more energy left to make it happen. (That's why there's always tomorrow....) Hope this entry inspires you to create your own custom Christmas displays!

Stay sassy,
- Anna


 


No comments:

Post a Comment