Holiday DIY: "Frosted" branches & echinacea


Hello, my sassy ones! Still puttering around with oodles of projects, getting ready for the holidays.  Tonight I'll show you a cheap & easy project that will bring some holiday glitz to your vases and arrangements, using things you may already have on hand. 

Materials: 
- Interesting dried twigs & branches (I used Dutch Elm twigs and branches because they are really twisty and have very small berry-like nodules that add great texture)
- Dried floral stems ( I used purple coneflower stalks from my garden, which I cut and allowed to dry for about 2 weeks. Once these plants have gone to seed and begin to dry, the stalks are nice and firm.) 
- Silver spray paint
- Silver glitter
- Clear coat spray paint (optional)

Directions

1. Gather your branches & floral stalks and spray paint silver. ( I had my bunches zip tied, which made spray painting in a box in my garage to avoid the wind & rain yesterday.) 



2. While paint is still wet, sprinkle liberally with glitter. 

3. Allow to dry according to paint instructions. If you wish to contain your glitter shedding, follow with 2 coats of clear coat once silver spray is completely dry. 

4.  Arrange away!  Here's a few more examples of how I used mine this year....


I love finding ways to use materials from my own back yard! How about you? How are you using natural materials creatively this holiday season? 

Stay sassy,

- Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment