Rustic Stars: DIY Holiday

Hi, there, you sassy sasparilla! Are you up for another great Christmas craft? Thought you might be! Today we'll be making these really cute and simple stars. 

I can't really explain it, but I love all things stars. Barn stars, rustic stars, glitter stars....I'm just a sucker for stars. My 9-year old daughter, Makenna, and I made these stars in mere minutes. So cute, so easy! Here's what you'll need to make your own rustic star ornaments:

- 5 wide Popsicle sticks for each star 
(We got our sticks at the Dollar Tree, already colored red/ green.)
- Hot glue gun
- Twine or ribbon 
- Paint, stain and/or glitter (optional- if you get unfinished Popsicle sticks, you may want to glam them up a bit, but totally your choice....)

1. Lay your five sticks out to create a star shape. (It's easiest to make the letter "A" first and build from there...) 
2.  Use your hot glue gun to secure each stick within the star shape. 
3. Wrap your twine or ribbon around the angle that you'd like to hang the star from, using a dab of hot glue to secure the twine to the star. (I used green twine on the red stars...my daughter used brown twine to completely wrap her stars. She gave up before she finished that, so I don't have a pic - but it's cute!)
4. Paint or embellish your star any way you want it. 
 5. Hang it up and pat yourself on the back...you are pure Christmas magic!🌟


So how did you do your stars? Wood stain? Metallic? Glittery? Tell me all about it - you always inspire me with your fabulous ideas! Until tomorrow....

Stay sassy, 
- Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment