Wrapping paper snow flakes


Hi, sassy friends! It's past my bedtime, but here's a quickie for your reading pleasure!



Hubby had the day off today, (banker's holiday...and Happy Veterans Day! Thanks to all who served!) and he was kind enough to bring my family room Christmas decor up so I could get a head start. Don't hate - I know it's early, but I'm moving much slower since my surgery and all the terrific side effects of degenerative arthritis. 

At any rate, after putting up both trees and adding other miscellaneous decor (pictures coming soon!), I decided I'd do a quick & easy project to add the final touch. 

What you'll need:
- Wrapping paper with pattern of your choice ( I used black with white snowflakes)
- Low temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Scissors


 I had some remnants left of this paper that weren't really "wrap ready" but I just couldn't bear to throw away. I also had some art that I didn't want to completely cover, just add some holiday pizazz. Win-win!

This project hardly requires instructions, but here goes:

Step 1: Cut your wrapping paper pattern to suit your preference & use. I cut each snowflake separately and was really free-form with my snowflake cutting because I wanted a whimsical look. 

Step 2: Use a dab of hot glue on the back of each shape and quickly attach it to, well, whatever you like! Just watch your fingers - I burned mine more than once, but that's because my name means "graceful" and I'm anything but. Despite the inevitable injuries, I still prefer hot glue because it comes off glass really easily (unlike tape), so anything glass or ceramic is a good choice for this project. I'd be a bit careful with walls, as it may stain - but I'm not positive. I'm sure I'll try it and let you know before the holiday season is through!! 

Here's some more wrapping paper snowflakes, added to my door...

I'm thinking I'll add some to my lampshades, as well. Other ideas for how you'll use this idea? Can't wait to see your holiday decorating genius!

Stay sassy,
-Anna 

UPDATE 11/12/14:

Someone asked if this worked on my lampshade, or if the heat from the bulb softened the glue and broke the adhesion. Answer: it still works great, provided you using the high efficiency twirly bulbs rather than the standard incandescent bulbs. Here's a few pics:



For both lamps, I left the bulb on for about 2 hours to make sure it was safe. So now you know....feel free to travel forth knowing the trail has been blazed! 

One other addition, just so you can imagine beyond snowflakes...here's some "ho, ho, ho" paper hot glued to some canvas art I've got hanging in the living room....

No comments:

Post a Comment